Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cosmetics

Okay, this post isn't about food, but oh well.

The Environmental Working Group has a site for learning about safe ingredients in cosmetics....cosmeticdatabase.com

I know very little about cosmetics or the ingredients used in them, but I've recently had an interest in learning about what things might be better (or worse) for our skin.  I found the website a bit overwhelming for someone who doesn't even know where to start, so I just scrolled down to the Shopper's Guide to Safe Cosmetics and figured I could start with that.  I printed of the guide and am checking out the ingredient labels of things in our home.  Wouldn't ya know, the majority of the ingredients on our bottle of hand soap are considered "ingredients to avoid."

Guess I'll have to start reading more ingredient labels!

3 comments:

  1. Here's another list from EWG - relating to fruits and vegetables. http://www.livingfuel.com/Fruit_and_Vegetable_Labels.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris! I actually referred to the EWG's dirty dozen and clean fifteen list in an earlier post!

    Charity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definately be looking into this. Oh my poor husband!

    ReplyDelete