Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

Soon, blueberries will be in season and I'm beginning to think of wonderful ways to eat them.... Like blueberry nectarine crisp and these blueberry muffins.  In addition to the recipe below, I have another muffin recipe in mind that I will share with you if it indeed is as delicious in reality as it is in my imagination!

Blueberry Muffins
adapted  from this recipe by Carole

2 cups whole wheat or spelt flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups orange juice
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1 T ground flaxseed mixed with 3T water
3/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

1.  Mix dry ingredients.
2.  Mix wet ingredients.
3.  Mix dry and wet ingredients together just until blended.
4.  Fold in blueberries.
5.  Divide into 12 greased muffin cups and bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and top springs back when lightly touched.


2 comments:

  1. They seem to have a lot of liquid in them, they must be very moist. I bet the orange juice and blueberrys are pretty good together. I think cranberries would be just as good.

    ReplyDelete