Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monkey Bread



AnnMarie inspired me to make monkey bread.  I haven't made it in the past because it "requires" so much artificial stuff.  Per AnnMarie's inspiration, I made my own bread dough in the bread machine and let the kids roll it into balls and dip it in cinnamon-sugar.  This kept them busy for awhile!  Then we poured the butter-sugar on it baked it.  Yum!  Whole wheat dough was a much better option that store-bought refrigerator dough, in my opinion.

AnnMarie suggests that this is a delicious "breakfast, snack, dessert or potluck dish", but I'm sure that if you make it 100% whole wheat, you can serve it for dinner too.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! My unhealthy version includes putting cream cheese pieces in the center of each ball of dough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I feel famous. I'm glad I inspired someone. =)
    ~AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete