Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pesto-Part One

A couple weeks ago, we received arugula from our CSA farm.  Arugula is a peppery salad green.  However, I don't like arugula in my salad, so I thought I'd make it into pesto.  Plenty of arugula pesto recipes abound, but I just used arugula, oil, and garlic, and then stored it in glass baby food jars in the freezer.

I found a list of creative uses for arugula pesto on this blog (scroll to the bottom of the post for the lists of ideas.) 

Earlier this week, I warmed a jar of arugula pesto from the freezer for a dipping sauce for our homemade baked fries.  Nope, not tasty.  But my husband found it good enough.  Maybe I just don't like arugula?  I do have two more jars of arugula pesto, though, so I'll give those a try in some other recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment