Monday, June 7, 2010

Pesto-Part Two



I was flipping through a cookbook trying to discover uses for the one and half pounds of spinach in my fridge, when I came across a recipe for pasta with mint-almond pesto.

In addition to the spinach, the CSA farmers brought us some fresh mint this week.  In the past, I've dried mint and frozen mint, but didn't really use much of any of that, so I thought I may as well try this recipe.  I used quinoa and garbanzo beans instead of pasta, but mostly followed the directions for the pesto. 

I understand that mint is used in many savory dishes around the world, but my American taste buds think that mint should go with chocolate, so I wasn't sure if my brain could get around this dish or not.  But, it was tasty!  If I get more mint, I might make it again.

Later, my husband enjoyed the leftover mint-almond pesto as salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment